Here is real world proof that less guns = more crime. It follows that more guns = less crime. In England, since the passage of draconian handgun laws, gun crime is UP. Yes, UP. While many, including myself, have always believed that an armed population is far less likely to be the victims of criminals or government tyranny, now we have proof.
Michael Bane points to a new poll showing that 66% of US voters do not think more gun control is needed. The only demographics that supports more gun control are liberals and Asians. And to think Asians (along with Jews) have the highest IQ of any racial group … come on folks, read the studies and THINK about it. You’ll be convinced! As for the liberals, sometimes there is just no hope.
Updated 9/7/2007 Annie’s stitches were removed today. Both wounds healed well. Her eyelid looks normal, and her side will look OK after her coat grows back.
My dog Anne had surgery yesterday at the Prescott Animal Hospital. She had a fatty tumor (not unusual in older dogs) removed from her side and a growth removed from her eyelid.The eyelid growth was a big concern, we could see it getting larger over time. Our vet, Dr. Amy Dow, told us it’s possible for a dog to develop a melanoma there. So we decided to have both these removed.The growth on her eyelid turned out to be a gland that the eyelash grows from that developed some kind of problem. No melanoma, no cancer!
Annie is doing a lot of sleeping today. Gary and I are very relieved.
There was an incident in Prescott, AZ illustrating the severity of the illegal alien problem. The Daily Courier online article on the Vallejo Street incident leaves out much detail from the print version. There is a large group of illegal aliens in this area that are committing crimes and they have intimidated local citizens who fear talking with the police about these crimes. The real crime is that honest people are afraid of the conditions in their neighborhoods.
I got this in an email, it is worth sharing.
FIREARMS REFRESHER COURSE “Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do
not.”~ Thomas Jefferson
(This is why Ted Kennedy, Nancy Pelosi and Hillary Clinton want gun
control so badly!)
1. An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
2. A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone.
3. Colt: The original point and click interface.
4. Gun control is not about guns; it’s about control.
5. If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
6. If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
7. Free men do not ask permission to bear arms.
8. If you don’t know your rights, you don’t have any.
9. Those who trade liberty for security have neither.
10. The United States Constitution (c)1791. All Rights Reserved.
11. What part of “shall not be infringed” do you not understand?
12. The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others.
13. 64,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
14. Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians.
15. Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety.
16. You don’t shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
17. 911: Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
18. Assault is a behavior, not a device.
19. Criminals love gun control; it makes their jobs safer.
20. If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
21. Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
22. You have only the rights you are willing to fight for.
23. Enforce the gun control laws we ALREADY have; don’t make more.
24. When you remove the people’s right to bear arms, you create slaves.
25. The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
IF YOU AGREE, PASS THIS “REFRESHER” ON TO TEN FREE CITIZENS