Another in my growing collection of Thumb Butte photos. This one has a great sky with fluffy clouds.
Whenever I see an Obama bumper sticker on a car, I wonder if the person is happy with what he or she got. As for me, I’d like to tell the dissatisfied Obama voter “I warned you, fool!”.
A couple of articles about this dissatisfaction: Polls find rising concern with Obama on key issues and Rural Dems have beef with Obama. Some highlights:
- “They don’t get rural America,” said Rep. Dennis Cardoza, a Democrat who represents California’s agriculture-rich Central Valley. “They form their views of the world in large cities.”
- In rural America, especially, the looming closures pose a dire threat. Car dealers are not only an economic linchpin of many county-seat towns but also offer support for institutions and a way of life that can’t be easily replaced.
- Obama, who took office in January, remains popular with Americans, although his overall job slipped to 56 percent, down 5 points from April, according to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.
- But 58 percent of respondents said Obama and Congress should focus on keeping the Congressional Budget Office estimates the federal deficit could top $1.8 trillion this fiscal year — by far a record. down, even if takes longer for the economy to recover. The
- The poll also found that Americans were alarmed by the amount of money doled out to boost the economy and a majority thought the government should focus instead on reducing the federal deficit.
There was no mention in the articles about Obama grandiose plans to nationalize the health care industry.
I had also read earlier (sorry, no link) that the hard leftists were angry with Obama for no ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, not opening up the military to gays, and bailing out the wall street capitalists.