From the Prescott Daily Courier:
1. Arizona turns 105 years-old this year
2. It took Arizona 56 years to gain statehood
3. Congress wanted to combine Arizona and New Mexico and admit it as one state, but people living in the territory of Arizona voted against it 16,265 to 3,141
4. Arizona officially became a state on Feb. 14, 1912
5. Which also happens to be Valentine’s Day
6. And Oregon’s birthday
7. President William Howard Taft signed Arizona into statehood
8. Arizona’s first governor, George W. P. Hunt was present for the signing in Washington D.C.
9. Arizona only had 200,000 residents at the time of statehood
10. Arizona was the 48th territory to become a state, making it one of the youngest states in our country’s history
At the Prescott dog park, our lab Shady catching a ball. I see a dog at play, and also an underlying wolf catching prey. Photo by Gary Gromer.
Gary created a Facebook page for photos taken at the Prescott Willow Creek Dog Park. Come and see, you might need a Facebook account to see this (I am very new to Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/PrescottWillowCreekDogParkPhotos/